Global workforce solutions for the IT sector to launch in the German market
““Thim was amazing at helping me through the entire onboarding process for my company, with the notary and banking process. It was seamless and
super easy with his knowledge of the process. I continue to use Thim’s service while I am not in country to help with my administrative company
Divya Gandhi, CEO at Lancesoft Inc.
Founded 19 years ago, Lancesoft Inc. has become one of the fastest growing talent scouting and workforce suppling partners in IT software and product engineering in several markets in the world. As of today, the company has 100+ enterprise clients and 25 offices in North America, Europe and Asia. They support companies such as Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, GE Aviation, Verizon, Morgan Stanley and Qualcomm.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Being in the phase of expanding heavily into the greater European markets, Lancesoft Inc. was on the outlook for strategic partners in the hearth of Europe – Germany. The client is a rapidly growing, highly scalable and cost-effective workforce consulting service provider with more than 110 million USD in global revenues and with a workforce of approximately 1,300 people worldwide.
APPROACH TO THE TASK
An initial interview was conducted with the senior management and all relevant future project cornerstones were identified and put into a project plan that was shared with all international groups involved in the implementation.
Based upon this, the preparations were made and the CEOs visit to Germany was thoroughly planned and organized so that all formal processes could be conducted within just one day on the ground.
GOALS & OBJECTIVE
A fast and effective set-up was required and a German legal entity needed within a shortage of time. Besides this more formal requirement, another important requirement was the alignment of German tasks into a truly international organization with management in San Francisco, London and Mumbai.
The project was divided into several stages and project managers assigned:
- General preparations for the market entry including discussions on strategic possibilities, potentials of the German market and hurdles to navigate.
- Making sure that the client was able to do business in Germany from the very first day of operations.
- Set-up of roadmap including time-line, responsibilities and goals
- Incorporation of German legal entity in the form of a GmbH Creating a German identify to be used for a success market presence
- Defining a one-contact-concept for all German operations
- Support with personal visa issues of management board
- Setting up tax, pay-roll-services and complete bookkeeping / compliances in collaboration with external German tax and legal partners
- Preparing all permissions / certificates for a larger roll-out within the market, such as achieving temporary workforce permits and similar
- Setting up an office including all infrastructure in Cologne, Germany